Follow These Steps For Enrollment @ HOPE Recovery Homes
- Download the “HOPE Recovery Homes” found below.
- Read & understand the rules & structure of HOPE Recovery Homes entirely.
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org with applicants full name in the subject line.
- Schedule a phone or personal interview with our program Director.
- Please note that we are NOT allowed to accept “sex offenders” or “violent felons” into our program. HOPE Recovery Homes will conduct a thorough background check of each applicant prior to enrollment.
- Once we receive a completed application, if accepted, you will be enrolled on a first come first serve basis and according to bed availability.
Basic Program Rules and Guidelines
Things to Do
- Have a good, cooperative, respectful attitude toward others, especially staff.
- Obey all posted house rules.
- Be diligent to keep your room and home clean by regularly washing bed sheets, wiping counters, sinks, toilet, shower, etc.
- Be diligent to be on time for scheduled appointments: daily work, church, etc. (schedule will be provided)
- Attend all services and weekly HOPE meetings held at Beth Haven Baptist Church during your stay at Hope Homes unless illness prevents you. Only authorized staff can approve leave of absence based upon sickness.
- Daily have private time with God and share what God is speaking to you about in the group devotions time
- Complete all assigned program materials including at least 7 steps in the HOPE Curriculum each week.
- Attend weekly personal counseling sessions and do all assigned homework.
- Assist in all fundraising activities as asked, these activities provide for the maintenance and function of the home and as such participation is required.
- Submit to drug testing while in the program.
- Always wear modest clothing outside of your room.
- Outside of the home, clothing must cover to the knee and be loose fitting. Pants or skirts can be worn that fit this standard. No yoga pants or tights that are not covered by loose fitting clothes. Loose fitting means that you cannot see the outline of undergarments through your clothes. Tops should not show undergarments or cleavage. For church activities and services wear skirts or dresses that come below the knee. We provide a clothes closet for these items if you do not have anything available to bring. If you are wearing something that is in violation of these standards, you will be asked to change.
- Clothing that is brought will be subject to verification by staff, if needed clothing is available through donations that have been made to the home.
- Please do not let a lack of listed clothing prevent you from coming. We will help you with this as needed.
Things Not to do
- No social media activity or private cell phones are allowed during the program. A list will be approved of people you may call or have visit during your stay at the Hope Home.
- Do not instigate or participate in any casual, non-essential conversations with men other than your husband.
- You may not possess or use any product that contains nicotine, alcohol, THC, or any other drug.
- All prescribed medication must be approved by senior staff before entering the program and will be dispensed by approved staff on a daily basis.
- Violation of this rule can result in immediate termination from the program.
- No weapons are allowed in your possession while staying at the home.
*This list is subject to addition or change at any time as needed.
CHARACTER POINTS SYSTEM
- Each Hope Home resident will earn 100 pts for each weekday doing maintenance and chores
- Chores on Saturdays and Sundays earn 50 pts per day.
- Doing dishes after a meal earns 50 pts.
- Completing steps in your hope curriculum earns 20 pts. each
CHARACTER POINTS USES
- Character Points can be used to acquire items from the character points store.
- Character Points can be used from time to time on special events or outings.
- Character Points can be traded among residents for items with the conditions of staff approval and both parties’ signatures.
CHARACTER POINTS RESPONSIBILIES
- Personal areas must be kept clean and organized. Beds must be made; no trash or dirt on floors; no open food or drink containers; closets organized and picked up; fans must be turned off.
- Rooms will be checked each morning around 8:00am
- Point loss DOUBLES for each infraction committed within a 10-day period of a previous same infraction.
- Personal area unclean: Bed unmade, trash/dirt, open food/drink, closet messy, fan left on = (-10 pts each infraction)
- fan left on; closet messy, restroom not clean = (-10 pts each person in room)
- Being late for scheduled time = (-25 pts each offense)
- Not following staff instructions or slacking = (-50 pt minimum – staff member decides point loss amount)
- Disrespect toward staff or other residents = (-50 pt minimum- staff member decides point loss amount)
- Disrespectful, insulting, or foul language = (-50 pt minimum – staff member decides point loss amount)
- Being by oneself without staff approval = (-50 pts)
- Violating correspondence rules:
- Excess or over-time phone calls = (-20 pts doubled per minute)
- correspondence with unauthorized persons = (staff determines severity)
- Caught with prohibited substances or failing drug test: Tobacco, Alcohol, Pornography, Drugs, etc. = (loss of all points, possible expulsion or restarting program – Senior staff will determine severity)
*This list is not exhaustive and is only intended to set a basic guideline for reasonable and responsible daily conduct. Hostility, disrespect, spite, or intentional lack of cooperation will not be tolerated and can result in extra loss of points, disciplinary action, or immediate expulsion from the program.
Things to Bring:
- King James Bible Only (No other bible versions will be allowed.)
- CLOTHING: Clothing must cover to the knee and be loose fitting. Pants or skirts can be worn that fit this standard. No yoga pants or tights that are not covered by loose fitting clothes. Loose fitting means that you cannot see the outline of undergarments through your cloths. Tops should not show undergarments or cleavage. For church activities and services wear skirts or dresses that come below the knee. We provide a clothes closet for these items if you do not have anything available to bring. If you are wearing something that is in violation of these standards, you will be asked to change.
- There will be limited storage space for clothing and personal items. Each student’s belongings must remain neat and organized within the area assigned to them. No excessive accumulation of personal items or clothing will be allowed.
- Personal hygiene items, towels, shower shoes and sleepwear
- Alarm clock without a radio.
- Complete Bedding- twin bed (sheets, blanket, pillow and pillowcase)
- Proper ID: You must bring 2 forms of identification. If you do not have 2 forms of ID, please bring your birth certificate so that we might help you obtain proper identification while you are here.
- Supplies: 3×5 cards, pens, envelopes, stamps, etc.
Prohibited Items: I Corinthians 6:19
- Cash over $20 (no cash allowed while on blackout or restriction). Each student will be held accountable as to how much money they’re spending and where they’re spending it. No excessive amounts of money will be allowed.)
- Radios/Audio/Video Playing Devices
- Music or movies (music and movies will be provided by HOPE Homes)
- Unauthorized Medications (must be pre-authorized by HOPE Homes)
- Unauthorized medicinal sleeping aides (must be pre-authorized by HOPE Homes)
- Men: Body jewelry including earrings is not permitted. Wedding bands, necklaces, and watches are acceptable.
- Ladies: Jewelry must be worn in moderation. Piercings (earrings) may only be worn in each ear and they can only be worn in the lower lobe. Jewelry will not be allowed to be worn in any other piercing on the body
- Vehicles or bicycles
- Cell Phones